Walla Walla Cycling & Mountain Biking
Pedal through Walla Walla
Beloved for the rural farm roads that meander through rolling wheat fields, Walla Walla is celebrated as Washington’s top road cycling destination. The nearby Blue Mountains offer experienced riders steep climbs and sharp turns to attack, while the flatlands and paved trails that run through Walla Walla’s historic neighborhoods and farmlands are perfect for when you just want to cruise.
This cyclist-friendly community has, well, a lot of cyclists. No need to worry about riding alone when in town; you’ll find plenty of company. Local cyclists are happy to show you routes, invite you on a ride, make dining suggestions, point out their favorite wineries and help you fix a flat. And they won’t stop talking about the great cycling here.
Additional online cycling resources:
- Walla Walla Valley Cycling Map (PDF link)
- Walla Walla Valley Routes & Maps
- City of Walla Walla Cycling Routes and Bike Lanes (PDF link)
- Mountain Bike Trails
Puncturevine (aka Goathead) Warning:
Puncturevine grows in the Walla Walla area and it’s known to cause flat tires for cyclists. If you see any growing along a bicycle route, please feel free to report it to the City of Walla Walla at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional details about this plant, visit Walla Walla Parks & Rec.
Have fun and remember, rubber side down!
- Marcy’s Bar & Lounge Levels Up with New Ownership and a Killer MenuNestled in the heart of downtown Walla Walla, Marcy’s Bar & Lounge has long been a favorite gathering place for locals – and the new proprietors are raising the bar. Chef-owner Nate Snider and business partner David Ponti are serving an eclectic menu that’s constantly evolving and focuses on fresh, local ingredients. Heaping salads, handmade … Read more
- Rustic Italian Elegance at Bar BacettoJust a short, and scenic drive from Walla Walla, awaits one of the very best restaurants in the country (according to the New York Times). Welcome to Bar Bacetto, the intimate, 18-seat, hyper-seasonal Italian restaurant in downtown Waitsburg, brought to you by industry veterans Mike and Erin Easton. Bar Bacetto is warm and inviting, and … Read more
- Holiday Barrel Tasting Weekend in Walla WallaBundle up and book your visit to Walla Walla around Holiday Barrel Tasting Weekend, held annually over the first full weekend in December. This year’s festivities will be held December 1-3, 2023. Don’t miss this three-day celebration of holiday wonder, art, fine dining, and wine, wine, wine! It’s the most wonderful wine time of the … Read more